CHRIST CHURCH COVID-19 Registration Screening Checklist
In order to attend worship, the following must be true. By your registration, you affirm:
☐ Persistent fever
☐ Persistent cough
☐ Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
☐ Sore throat
☐ New loss of taste or smell
2. You, or anyone in your household, have NOT travelled in the last 14 days to a Covid-19 epidemic location.
3. You have NOT been exposed to anyone that has tested positive for Covid-19 or to anyone who is being tested for COVID-19 in the past 14 days.
You will be asked on entry if anything has changed since your registration and required to wash your hands with alcohol-based hand sanitizer with 60-95% alcohol. You will be required to wear a mask during worship and to social distance.
1. Since attendance is limited (see item 17 below), please pre-register for worship online the week before at www.christchurchmanlius.org By your registration, you agree that you satisfy the health screening criteria indicated. Those without internet access may register by calling the office during office hours.
2. Until a vaccine or cure is developed, there will be a risk associated with in-person gatherings, no matter the precautions taken. If you are sick or of a vulnerable population, to protect yourself and others, it is essential that you stay home and join online.
3. You must enter the building through only (a) the back parking lot double doors or (b) the Seneca Street entrance to Crosby Hall. If there is a line forming to get in, please maintain 6 feet of distance while waiting.
4. As you enter, notice the sign reminding you of the health screening criteria when you signed up. If you no longer meet those criteria, we must ask that you return home and watch worship online.
5. Use the hand sanitizer provided upon entering the building and sign in with your name, phone number, and time. An usher in the Crosby Hall Seneca Street lobby will check off your attendance and direct you to the sanctuary.
6. You must wear a mask throughout the entire time you are in the building. There are two exceptions: the soloist while singing and the preacher during the sermon, both a minimum of 15 feet away from worshippers. For those purposes a lectern is placed in front of the altar rail.
7. As you enter or leave the sanctuary, place your offering in the offering plate in the narthex. Pick up a bulletin. The bulletin has everything you need for the service. All books are removed from the pews.
8. An usher will direct you to an available pew. Household members may share a pew. Seat cushions have been removed from unavailable pews to ensure we maintain 6 feet of social distance.
9. Aisles are one way only. The right lectern-side is towards the altar. The left pulpit-side aisle is away from the altar.
10. The hymns will be sung by the choirmaster alone. No congregational singing is permitted.
11. The Peace will be celebrated without any physical contact, and only with safe touch-free greetings, such as bows, waves, or signs of love and peace, while everyone remains in place.
12. Holy Communion will be served in one kind only, the Bread. All remain masked. Use hand sanitizer provided in the pews immediately before and after receiving Communion. An usher will invite worshippers forward, beginning with the right lectern-side aisle, front to back, and then the left pulpit-side aisle, back to front. Follow the direction of the ushers and the arrows on the floor, and approach the bottom of the front steps one at a time, keeping 6 feet physical distance from one another. Hold out your hands to receive the wafer and then return to your seat before removing your mask briefly to consume the Host. If you would prefer a blessing instead of Communion, please cross your arms over your chest.
13. The dismissal will be by pews under the direction of an usher, beginning with the left pulpit-side aisle, back to front, and then the right lectern-side aisle front to back. Follow the direction of the ushers and the arrows on the floor, keeping 6 feet physical distance from one another. Exit the building either (a) through the front sanctuary doors or (b) the back parking lot double doors. Hand sanitizer will be available to use as you exit. Take your bulletin home for recycling. Do not leave it at church.
14. The rest room in the Crosby Hall Seneca Street lobby will be available. Only one person, or one adult and small child in the same household, may be in the rest room at a time. Please sanitize your hands before entering, and wash your hands for 20 seconds before leaving the rest room. Maintain 6 feet of physical distance while waiting to use the rest room.
15. There will be no coffee hour. You may socialize with each other outside after the service, maintaining 6 feet of physical distance.
16. There will be no child care. The nursery is closed and unavailable.
17. The number in the sanctuary is limited to 50, including 2 worship leaders, 2 musicians, 3 ushers, and 3 tech crew. After we reach 40 attendees, or 14 attending socially-distanced families, we must turn away additional worshipers and invite them to join us online.
18. The service will also be live-streamed on YouTube and available afterwards. We will continue to send out by email each week the bulletin with the liturgy, prayers, and announcements.